St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival 2015 is soon approaching! Here’s a list of artistes we’re excited to catch live and some Laneway survival tips.
If you love immersing yourself in some psych rock, Pond is the band for you.
2. FKA TWIGS
Described as a “beguilingly straight-laced cut of silken R&B”, this track is one that we simply can’t wait to hear live. Pitchfork listed this song at no. 64 on their 200 Best Tracks of the Decade So Far List.
3. FUTURE ISLANDS
I have no doubt that Future Islands’ set will get you on your feet and moving to their danceable melancholy.
I’ve watched a couple of .gif’s set and they never disappoint. We are so stoked for this home-grown electronic duo’s set at Laneway!
5. LITTLE DRAGON
If you’re catching Little Dragon’s set, make sure you let go of everything you know and just dance.
If this is your first Laneway, here are some tips to help you gear-up for the long day.
- Always have cash with you: There won’t be an ATM nearby the concert venue so make sure you have enough for food, drinks and merch.
- Pick a lightweight and comfortable outfit and wear shoes that you won’t mind getting dirty. Slippers are a huge mistake, protect your toes!
- Bring along a picnic mat for a comfortable resting spot for you and some friends
- Don’t forget sunnies, sunscreen and an umbrella so you’re well-protected from the heat
- It’s only courteous to put on your dancing shoes at a festival like Laneway. Live in the moment!
I hope these tips were helpful. Hope you’ll have a blast at this year’s Laneway Festival.